Mentoring is a system assisting others through sharing of semi-structured guidance. The mentor shares their general and specific knowledge, skills and experience to others which assists them progress in their own lives and careers.
Mentoring services are offered in various packages to assist you when there is a need. The services offered are readily accessible and prepared to offer help as the need arises - within agreed specific times and communication platforms i.e. video conferencing, Skype, telephonic.
Mentoring provides professional socialization and personal support to facilitate success. It improves your skill and professional development to advance your life and your career. You step out of your comfort zone, it allows you to be honest as your mentor has your best interests at heart.
What is offered
- offering an outside perspective that empowers both you and your business
- listening to specific needs and requirements, confidentially, to the things that are worrying you about you and your business
- Assisting you by sharing personal experience of both failure and success
- giving friendly, unbiased grounding support
- providing honest support and constructive feedback
- be a sounding board for ideas and future planning
Coaching & mentoring processes
- Coaching: helping another improve awareness, setting and achieving goals, improve a particular behavioural performance
- Counselling: helping to improve performance of individual by resolving situations from the past
- Guiding: directing the individual / group from present state to a desired state
- Mentoring: positively shaping an individual’s beliefs and values; usually a longer term career relationship with experience, from someone who has experience
- Teaching: developing cognitive skills and capabilities with individual or a group
The difference can be summarised as follows:
- coaches deliver great questions for your answers
- mentors deliver great answers for your questions
Differences between counselling and coaching
Counselling, highly skilled intervention, focus is helping individuals address their underlying psychological problems.